It is essential for all Muslim to develop a sound and proper knowledge of the Islamic Faith. Islamic Studies promotes the development of learner’s mental, emotional, social and spiritual well‐being. Islamic Studies promotes tolerance of different races, genders, religions and social backgrounds, and encourages the learner to love and respect the environment and the universe surrounding them.
The Islamic Studies standards are of universal nature and not limited to certain race, gender or culture. For that it opens the mind of the learner;
1) On perceiving human diversity as a necessity and are tolerant of human beings regardless of gender, color, ethnicity, religion or language.
2) On developing positive relationships with the environment and the universe.
3) On developing a feeling of belonging to the Islamic nation at large on the basis of religion, culture, goals and destiny.
4) On how to use the knowledge of the Islamic faith to affect a person’s behavior and actions.
5) On raising awareness of the importance and value of worshiping.
6) On how to use the Holy Quran, Noble Speech and Acts of the Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be upon Him) as a basis of knowledge, actions and values.
7) On how to apply and practice Islamic values and manners.
8) On familiarizing with Islamic civilization through the study of Islamic personalities, events and art.